Menchus own chapter of telling storys from far far away...

The members club.

Menchus own chapter of telling storys from far far away...

Postby Gan bei! » Tue Apr 05, 2005 09:59

My dear fellow citizens,

We are loosing our internationality!!! Where are you, Menchu? I didn't see any comment for several weeks.

So maybe this own chapter can make her decide to stay here (After Raldaf fled from spain :-| )and to tell us something about life at far, far away...
Wenn ich wüsste, was Ihr wißt....
Gan bei!
Guardian Hero - Hero of the Great Wall

Postby Raldaf » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:22

Fled?! I didn't flee! There are many nice people in Madrid, and it isn't as cold as it is here. :-P

But you're right: Come on, Menchu, what are you doing? Are you still sleeping? :-P:D;)
Raldaf
Guardian Hero - First Spartan of Aiur
Guardian Hero - First Spartan of Aiur

Postby Gan bei! » Fri Apr 08, 2005 20:26

Of course you did not... :roll:

Hey Menchu, come on! I've worked so pretty hard for your own place in this forum! Please, give us a sign!
Gan bei!

Postby menchu » Sat Apr 09, 2005 22:13

Hi there,

I sincerely doubt starting a thread can turn to be "hard" (unless both your two hands are in plaster... :roll:), but I appreciate it. Danke schoen.

I have been checking the forum a couple of times lately, although maybe not weekly, because when you have to be looking up every single word in the dictionary you finally give up the mission. So... I have just been out there living, more or less. (Something which might be related to the fact that after my Easter hibernation I have enough energy to wake up earlier...) Things have kept going the way they normally do and, despite I try not to, at times I hate internet. After all I must be feeling down. That's all.
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby Gan bei! » Sun Apr 10, 2005 01:36

Of course it's not that hard to create a thread. Sometimes I just like it to squabble a little bit. Nothing serious...

But you doesn't sound that happy. Just a phase? (Isn't sun shining in spain?;-))

I apologize writing too much in german. It's just because of my very, very bad english. (Not enough to discuss political problems. Sometimes its even hard for me to get the whole meaning of your comments. There will be lucky times, when I'll have to read secondary chinese literature in english...:shock: But the hard way is the best trainer :mad: )
Last edited by Gan bei! on Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Gan bei!

Postby madblueimp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 17:48

Hey, if you're feeling down, your friend, the cookie monster hands over some cookies to make you feel better.

(I hope you don't mind I'm eating some myself... :D)
My hands are bananas.
madblueimp
Guardian Hero - Banana Buddha

Postby menchu » Sun Apr 17, 2005 20:38

*gnam*

Just wanted to digress from the cookies for a little while, to say that I didn't mean (and I don't mean) something like "stop speaking German". It's me that has come from 'outside' and doesn't belong to any three-dimensional group of friends/role-players in Germany, and so I have never pretended it, despite the way I may feel when I don't understand anything. So, don't apologize for writing in German, Gan.

Besides that, what can I say? Well, maybe a phase. Whatever.

As for news, I have been to concerts recently (what could you expect?), but we all know there are no music-fellows over here... :roll: ;-)
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby Gan bei! » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15

Well, it's just that we like you beeing here. So we want you to feel comfortable and to understand something. So of course I'm writing german, but sometimes I'm also just too lazy to write in english... (That's what I apologize for...)

No music fellows??!!!! Hey, how can you say that... :snooty: ;-)

PS.: What kind of concerts you have been for? (Is this grammatical correct?)
Gan bei!

Postby madblueimp » Mon Apr 18, 2005 17:31

Wow, don't say that, Menchu!

Gan bei! is music in persona (he's singing tenor, playing the piano and guitar, writing songs and such). :)

And for me, I do love music. OK, I'm not at concerts quite often, even very seldom, but without music, this world would be much darker.
My hands are bananas.
madblueimp

Postby Stroggified Geek » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:54

Life without music would be boring. Every month or so I burn a new CD with all my favourite songs - they change with a rather constant rate. The main source for new music is my girlfriend Ina; I think before I got to know her I must have been deaf. She still thinks that I am deaf somethimes, but that correlates more with my non-existent ability so sing in tune.

I just wanted to make a remark regarding the cookie monster. In the USA, the cookie monster of the sesame street is now eating only salad and "good" food, not such that makes you fat. The US government obviously thinks that the cookie monster is responsible for the US kids being fat and lazy.

I will make no comment on how stupid they must be to assume such a thing, but maybe they are right and the US kids are raised and tought more by television and some puppets than their own parents.

Like I like to say in such situations: well.
Oh my Strogg!!! They are after the Databrain!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Stroggified Geek
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks-Jäger
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks-Jäger

Postby menchu » Sun Apr 24, 2005 18:41

Haha! Well, Actually they just changed a little bit his diet because of the debate this stupid idea created... So now you can hear the monster say "rmmm COOKEEES!!... ... sometimes". :D

I didn't know that about Gan, I once asked him but didn't reply. It is GREAT NEWS!!! 8-) Tell me, tell me more Mr. Gan, I want to know everything. I could even want to HIRE you as a piano player when I am good enough to play with a mate who plays the saxophone. It sounds to be classical, something like opera singing?

And I can't remember exactly what I was thinking when I posted for the last time, but probably nothing compared to what I think now... I am... between, in time and space (between two... well, drums... and their players. Kind of. I hate it) It makes me feel really up-today down-tomorrow and my life is very surreal at the moment, so I am trying to concentrate on classes (heck, I have an exam tomorrow) and next weekend cause I am going on holidays with friends to Valencia. Maybe Raldaf has been there. And probably I shouldn't reveal nothing over the internet, but the three-dimensional people over here are a little bored with my stories. :oops: :lol:
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby Gan bei! » Mon May 02, 2005 14:32

Well I told you once in my thread. But maybe you didn't recognize it. (Doesn't matter)

So once again: I wanted to study jazz. The problem: I play classical piano since I am 6 years old and I have had classic lessons in singing (I think I wasn't bad...) I actually started playing jazz/funk/soul when I was 19. And when I decided to be professional I've been about 20 and a half. So when I went to music university I just played jazz for ca. 2 years and I had to mess with people who started in the age of 6 years. They called me very talented, on the right way and something like that. But the concurrence was too big and too good. Bad luck.

Afterwards everybody knew how I should go on: "You must try it for the next five years if necessary", "Don't waste your time, do something useful" and everything between.

So I just wanted to get away from home and decided to study Chinese and Theatre-, Movie-, and TV Sciences (afterwards you'll have to call me magister artium), counting on my second talent: creative writing. (I want to become a journalist.) But sometimes I'm not really sure if this decision was the right one. Don't get me wrong, I really like what I'm doing, but I didn't really finish with music. I actually play at the Universitiy Big Band and do other little Projekts like giving some licks to a hip hop community in cologne. Other projekts are still waiting.

So this was a real short story about my life as a musician for the last two or three years. I hope you could understand, what I wrote...
Gan bei!

Postby menchu » Tue May 17, 2005 20:40

Hehehe, probably if you replied in German, I just couldn't... :D

I hope I HAVE to call you magister artium someday, and I also hope you don't give up on what you like because you never know what life has prepared for you in its next bend. Your story cannot end like this, and your words about next projects sound like that :)

As for me, I have been playing for 4 weeks the same stuff on drums just cause it is hard and due to the holidays and uni work, but finally I have put my foot on the next step. :)

Have you ever recorded yourself playing? --> Just curious if I can listen to you.
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby menchu » Tue May 17, 2005 20:40

EDIT: nothing here!!!

(I wish I could just delete it straight away) :lol:
Last edited by menchu on Thu May 19, 2005 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby Gan bei! » Wed May 18, 2005 08:09

EDIT:

There is always a message that sending posts doesn't work... But if you trie it twice, there ARE two posts. (Obviously the same...)

Mister Blimp - why????

EDIT 2:

Ok, there is sometimes a message like that... :lol:
Last edited by Gan bei! on Wed May 18, 2005 08:15, edited 4 times in total.
Gan bei!

Next

Return to The Guardians of the Happy Bananas