Menchus own chapter of telling storys from far far away...

The members club.

Postby Gan bei! » Wed May 18, 2005 08:09

menchu wrote:Have you ever recorded yourself playing? --> Just curious if I can listen to you.

I have.

F.e. with "Fantigua", the band I was playing with until august last year.( Now we are spread all over the world, maybe all over germany - is there any difference? ;-) )

But we only have very bad records, because we never went to any studio and recorded only our live concerts... (The concerts were great, but the mixdown is pretty bad...)

So I'm not sure about putting them into internet...
Wenn ich wüsste, was Ihr wißt....
Gan bei!
Guardian Hero - Hero of the Great Wall

Postby menchu » Thu May 19, 2005 17:39

Oooh, I see... :D I don't mind if they're live or whatever, but well, next time you record something you'll have to tell me.

By the way, I was very worried about that popping window saying I could not send any messages. It said that "emailer.php" was attached to the post and I truly thought my computer had a virus ('nooo, not again!'). The funny thing is Mr. Impy said it had nothing to do with the forum... But I wasn't the only one, huh! :roll: :lol: Anyways, not my comp, but I have a virus Image and I want to go to a concert tomorroooow! It is not faaaair! :weep:

P.S. Hmm... "Viva Colonia" :D
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby Stroggified Geek » Thu May 19, 2005 22:15

Something that has to do with music, too - menchu, your signature; is that a part of a song you can hear in the film "Blues Brothers"? (The original one)
Oh my Strogg!!! They are after the Databrain!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Stroggified Geek
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks-Jäger

Postby Gan bei! » Thu May 19, 2005 22:58

Well, if you really like to listen to some records, I can send them to you by mail. (Just send me your adress via blueimp mail...)

Hope, you get healthy soon. If not, here is a little special concert for you:

dabadaba dap dap dabadudaaaaaaaa!

(its pretty short, I know ;-) )
Wenn ich wüsste, was Ihr wißt....
Gan bei!

Postby menchu » Sun May 22, 2005 21:24

Hmm... Yes, Lews, my signature is (well, or "was", I think I am going to change it) that funny part from 'Minnie the moocher' which you can find, among others, in "Blues Brothers". It was originally sung by Cab Calloway. For me it was funny, now I am not sure... I just don't want to be a pain in the neck, sorry. (Bad bad experience at the last concert - but nothing that cannot be overcome in time ;-))

Yeah, Gan! Good idea! I don't think Ramisinio has my address, I will... NO, wait, I can send you a PM (unless you want only Rams to write me). Anyways anyways, tell me and so I will proceed 8-) I hope the songs are longer than this concert of yours... hehehe.
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby menchu » Sun May 22, 2005 22:59

Hi there...

Just that... I have bumped into our well-known Imp at the chat and talking we have come to comment my Valencia + Alicante trip with two friends of mine... So, if you maybe want to see some pics, here they are:

A hobbit strolling by the shores of the Mediterranean Sea, in Alicante:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/29-4-2005_4.jpg

Menchu and Jen, veeeery happy, at a pub, "The Beatles" night:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/29-4-2005_7.jpg

Nice view of the Santa Barbara castle from the Alicante port+marina:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/30-4-2005_1.jpg

Now a nice view of the beach and port+marina from the castle:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/1-5-2005_10.jpg

Erm... Harry Potter becomes a hobbit... or the hobbit becomes Harry... playing air-drums at the hostel room in Valencia:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/1-5-2005_12.jpg

The adventures of the hobbit reach a dangerous point at the "Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias", when she has to monkey-battle with a cruel human being called Alice:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/1-5-2005_19.jpg

'Amazing fish' thinks Menchu at "L'Oceanographic", the Valencia aquarium:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/2-5-2005_5.jpg

Some flamingos at the aquarium:

https://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~tschan/uploads/menchu/2-5-2005_7.jpg

The pictures finish here, but remember: 'the road goes on and on...'
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby madblueimp » Sun May 22, 2005 23:05

Hoorray to Harry! Menchu is such a cool wizard.... :)
My hands are bananas.
madblueimp
Guardian Hero - Banana Buddha
Guardian Hero - Banana Buddha

Postby Raldaf » Mon May 23, 2005 22:33

Hey, nice pictures, Menchu! :)

You obviously enjoied it. :D

Greetings, Martín!
Raldaf
Guardian Hero - First Spartan of Aiur
Guardian Hero - First Spartan of Aiur

Postby menchu » Sun May 29, 2005 21:44

:happy: Yup, sure! Very much :happy:

...but I'd rather stay hobbit
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby menchu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 20:07

Hi there all my little (hmm, when I say 'little' don't take it too literally... especially for Raldaf) fellow cyber-fantasy-creatures of the northern lands of blah blah blah [...] !!

Since it seems everybody (ok, don't take this too literally either) is out there in the big world participating in what someday will be memorable stories to tell your grandsons, I thought I would just hop over here and drop some lines of what I am doing - well, I suppose that was the intention for this thread when it was created (I am no good at keeping diaries up, but I might try every now and then).

My duties (ooh, sounds so professional! not as Rams' though) are unfortunately making me stay here in this hot, dry, polluted *cough* atmosphere of Madrid, the city where souls never sleep. 'Reaggeton', an evil aberration of Latin beats, has possessed the peninsula, while most of the massive music festivals take now place in coastal provinces, far away from the continental areas like the one I'm in. Mayor Gallardón has exceeded his already high threshold of destruction in the capital, and the over-50 number of roadworks and trainworks has got rid of hundreds of old trees, also causing traffic jams that would be typical of working months. It won't be too long until president of the autonomous region Aguirre wrecks a nearby natural zone that is protected due to its importance for many birds species, just to build a new motorway which is actually a cover for shady town plans along it. Fires and arsons keep consuming the country, but neither them nor the drought are enough to make the members of the Parliament stop insulting their opponents. And in the meantime I spend time in my room, all lazy (and feeling guilty for it), trying to study, wondering if someday I will be able to do something about that. Wonderings from which I am awaken those days I hang out with friends and just listen to them talking like crazy about that new series "Naruto", dance to that terrible reaggeton in any pub around Huertas, watch a film at someone's with a good piece of pizza on my hands or simply get to know them (and letting them know me) better when it's so late they convince me to stay and sleep at their house and they put a mattress for me on the floor of their bedroom.

However, I suppose August is quite different to what July has been. Same fires, same temperatures, those damned bombs in London, but obviously my guilty-o-meter was reaching lower levels: there was plenty of time to start opening my books. So besides some plans (for a band and for a T-shirt designs project), I was out with a friend in her hometown in León for a few days (it was incredible), I celebrated my birthday, I went to a couple of concerts... and other stuff. Looking back at it I feel I cannot complain at all. I just HAVE TO STUDY... Especially since I will be having again a few days off at the beach next weekend.

[...what awakens me right now and takes me once more to the real world... ...and to my room...]

So, enjoy your summer and see ya all folks for my next instalment

-Hobbit citizen Menchu-

P.S. Wow, my lightest tones do fade when I talk about politics :???:
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby DeusExTenebris » Wed Aug 10, 2005 00:26

\o/ mechu is back :D

well well, good to hear you are doning fine ^^

i'm watching naruto too but i'm stuck at episode 135, cause i've no time for watchin animes :(

hehe politics are often a good way to get you all angry and excited, i hate politics >_<

fore sure reagge is IMHO a bit to slow for dancing. maybe its a music for lazy dancers :D

awww, a nice baech with a plenty of girls all in bikinis *dreams* ^^

i miss the ocean, you are a lucky one who can spent your weekend lying on the beach.

how are your studies doing? still studying the same thing?
.::][::. ALEA-Wiki is Online .::][::. ... :D
.::][::. The ALEA-IRC-Chat is ONLINE .::][::. ... NOT :(

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
DeusExTenebris
Guardian Lord
Guardian Lord

Postby menchu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 22:22

Yes, Menchu is back... sadly Menchu is back from the beach :sad: I have just got back to Madrid today, having spent the morning in Sevilla, of which I have been able to see a bit (Plaza de España is a special spot, it makes you feel you're in the 1920's). You know, I think I have seen all those bikini girls you dream of, DeT - well, some of them, since I paid more attention to the crabs on the rocks.

My studies are... just going... as usual. And as usual they're biological ;-) Spanish degrees, boy, they're five years long-long-long.

How is that you don't have time for animes? Do you have to study too? Work maybe? I thought all the banana forumers were out there in some lost Mediterranean island lazing around on a hammock. Still it's good to know reaggeton has not reached the Far North, cause reagge's other stuff.

[ragga lazy dance style] Fancy a coconut juice, man? [/ragga lazy dance style]
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

Postby DeusExTenebris » Mon Aug 15, 2005 23:44

naw how can you pay more attention to crabs.....i guess its becuase you are a girl :D

and i m just back from a weekend with about 70 rolegameplayers, was a lot of fun ^^

I thought all the banana forumers were out there in some lost Mediterranean island lazing around on a hammock.

i wish i could ^^

but with a friend we have dicided to programm somithing like an digital character sheet for the alea-rpg-system, and its taking a lot of time :(

though i ve managed to take a look at the anime Berserk and i couldn t stop with it until it was finished :D

i ve never heard anythink like reaggeton but i m not really into music. i ve my metalbands which i like and don t need other strange stuff ^^

but which direction of biology are you aming at?
.::][::. ALEA-Wiki is Online .::][::. ... :D
.::][::. The ALEA-IRC-Chat is ONLINE .::][::. ... NOT :(

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
DeusExTenebris
Guardian Lord
Guardian Lord

Postby Stroggified Geek » Tue Aug 16, 2005 07:44

Well well - a hearty "hooooray" to Menchu!

I liked to read your post, it was very interesting. Especially the part about politics... I think there is not one real politician alive who isn't an egoistic and ruthless (but nontheless intelligent) person. Most of them think that the average person living in "their" country has the intelligence quotient of a BSE-infected cow and treats them exactly like that: in voting times we give precius milk (=votes) and they talk the hell out of us to give it to them, but when elections are over we're what we were before: dumb cows which have to say "yes and amen" to everything. Pffrz! Since I realized that I am not interested anymore in politics; it's all the same shit. I just don't have the motivation anymore to spend attention or any other sort of energy on the matter. I think I could use that wiser by building my starcraft armor or a medieval plate armor or something like that...

However, I didn't want to talk about that. That I just did it doesn't speak for my planning abilities, but since that's not the topic of this thread I won't mention it either...

What I really wanted to talk about was studying. Yeah... the feeling of OH-MY-GOODNESS-I-MUST-LEARN-I-MUST-LEARN-BUT-THERE-ARE-SO-MANY-OTHER-THINGS-TO-DO is a common disease among fellow students. But do not fall into despair! There is a new hope. Get yourself a parttime-job in which you do as exactly as possible that what you will do later when you're finished. If you hate it, you study the wrong topic. If you like it, it will boost your morale so high you will be learning all day and night. Okay that may be exxagarated, but it really is true. This effect isn't underestimated easy. In addition to that, you might learn as well while you do that job (sometimes this kinds of jobs are availiable at the universities) AND furthermore, you'll earn money.

I don't know your exact case, perhaps you already have a job or it is difficult to get a job as a biology student, but I wanted to have it mentioned. For me it works very, very well.

So, and now...

An interruption-joke!

A woman speaks to her doctor. "Doc, I've noticed a knot in my breast!" The Doc: "Oh my goodness, who has done that??" or so. I don't know if this joke is suited well here, so perhaps a mod could remove it.

Price question: when did I use the title of a star wars movie in this post?
Oh my Strogg!!! They are after the Databrain!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Stroggified Geek

Postby menchu » Sat Aug 20, 2005 00:35

Lews Therin wrote:Price question: when did I use the title of a star wars movie in this post?

Would you believe it! All those truly more interesting things to reply or to talk about and I just can't help asking myself where the heck you could have said something that remotely sounds like a movie title. I only come up with stuff like: milk ---> Rams ...or... armor ---> your wetsuit-like creation (:D just joking!)

Well, thanks for the hooray - my sister dislikes watching the news with me because of that kind of comments. Anyways, if any of you ever wants to write at lenght on topics merging along the way I don't mind letting you have room for it; the posts for this thread have been very very 'once in a blue moon'. (Like DeT for example. ... ... Erm, we'll discuss whether the bikini girls thing is proper later... ;-))

Lews Therin wrote:I think there is not one real politician alive who isn't an egoistic and ruthless (but nontheless intelligent) person

Hehehe, except probably for Aguirre (I told Raldaf when he was over here), whose culture leaves a lot to be desired... And Bush (his speechwriter as well). The guys behind him are the clever ones. However, I agree on what you say.

Thanks for the suggestions, the thing is you were right when saying perhaps it is difficult to get a job as a Biology student. Very difficult. And since I have not finished yet that makes it even more difficult. Replying to DeT, my degree is taking a decisive turn next year, (hopefully) specializing in Ecology. It has a wide range of possibilities, but all of them... with few job opportunities, I'd say. I still have to get in there to learn about how it works, the jobs, etc. That "you might learn as well while you do that job" is something I have in mind, although grant holders' situation in Spain is dreadful. You may read all this and think I am crazy, but I have never doubted this is what I wanted to do (not that I like my university though), at first I was just thinking of another specialization, but to me the end didn't justified the means and these clashed over my ethics and principles. In addition to that, today I found a coupe of websites (some institutes) I have to check out, they sound interesting, we'll see.

By the way, may I ask what are you working on? I'm narrow-minded on Physics jobs opportunities...

Berserk, DeT???

AH!!! Could it have something to do with acronyms?!? Like that 'BSE'? Maybe that's why I could not recall any suspicious words... Empire Strikes Back!! Or something like that... why is it spelt the other way round...? Are the initials in German put in that different order, due to grammar?

Oops - better go to sleep... :roll:
menchu
Guardian Master
Guardian Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Guardians of the Happy Bananas