Enemy Territory - Quake Wars

Talk about IT development, Games and Computer topics.

Re: Enemy Territory - Quake Wars

Postby Scrat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 15:54

Raldaf wrote:Dschi Diii Äff!

Oh mein Gott, es versucht zu sprechen! Bald nimmt es sich ein Gewehr und dann gnade uns Gott... :???:
Oli
Scrat
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks

Postby Frug » Fri Nov 09, 2007 04:14

I don't speak german but I'm postin' here anyway to say that Quake Wars rules. It's like a less buggy version of battlefield 2 with aliens. :P
Frug
Silver Guardian
Silver Guardian

Postby Raldaf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 09:29

:D
Oh, you're welcome! :D

Do you play the full version or just the demo?
Raldaf
Guardian Hero - First Spartan of Aiur

Postby Frug » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:14

So far I've only played the demo :( I work at a cyber cafe and they haven't got the full game yet.

I have always liked ID software games though and I was a big fan of the old (and free!) Enemy Territory. That game was great, except that the medics were too powerful.
Frug
Silver Guardian
Silver Guardian

Postby Stroggified Geek » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:02

Jup, I liked ET very much, too, wasn't able to play it much though. And btw, welcome to the forum. I like your avatar - the DooM-Guy rocks ^___^

id-Software is great... I liked to play everything starting with Wolfenstein3d, going through DooM I & II, Quake I to II (didn't like III too much though) and of course DooM III, Quake IV and now ET-QW. The strogg are just fantastic, I even had my windows system running with the strogg font a couple of days ^__^

I consider doing some Strogg Cosplay somewhen in the future. The Oppressor looks just cool with his metal spikes out of his back, but has a kind of ugly face... then I'd rather go for Infiltrator. :-D
Oh my Strogg!!! They are after the Databrain!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Stroggified Geek
Guardian Hero - Spam-Keks-Jäger

Postby Raldaf » Fri Nov 09, 2007 14:52

Well, I also only played (and play) the demo, maybe we met once? Whats your nick? :)
Raldaf

Postby Stroggified Geek » Wed Jan 16, 2008 22:21

Just a Link I stumbled upon:
Klick me!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Stroggified Geek

Postby Raldaf » Wed Jan 16, 2008 23:21

! :D
it´s a mad world :D
Raldaf

Postby Stroggified Geek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 01:45

Raldaf wrote:! :D
it´s a mad world :D

No, this forum is Mad's world ^____^

You know what else is mad? Gluing a small patch of Tesa-Film over the centre of your screen, marking the crosshair dot with a black pen, therefore being able to use the external vehicle camera and still being able to aim properly. Then writing a custom autoexec.cfg for being able to switch on "toggle sprint" with F4 and switch it off with F5, so permanently being able to enabling the boost in vehicles (increases for example the speed of the desecrator by roughly 50%). With that little tweaking you're able to use the desecrator in a whole new way: with the higher viewing point and vastly improved field of view, you have a much better overview. With that you can controll the Desecrator much better, using its hovering nature combined with forward thrust and strafing to kick it up to places normally unaccessible (ever tried parking it right in front of the door to the sattelite dish room in Island? GDF look pretty surprised when they enter the platform only to find a fat Desecrator sitting there in siege mode.) Further, you're able to actually see over objects that'll else block your view or that of the enemy, therefore can do nasty things like spotting a titan driving along without the enemy being able to see you - then strafing quickly out of cover, squeezing of a shot, and being back out of view before he even knows what hit him.
And not to forget, the best advantage is that you can strafe wildly around while keeping your gun trained at the target, now actually avoiding bumping into walls and stuff, and instead aiming for all these soft squishy humans that jump around and throw grenades in their futile attempt to destroy this humming, buzzing death machine. Hehe. Strogg, Strogg, Strogg!
Stroggified Geek

Postby madblueimp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:36

You definitely need a new avatar which resembles your current state of Strogg better. ;)
My hands are bananas.
madblueimp
Guardian Hero - Banana Buddha
Guardian Hero - Banana Buddha

Postby Stroggified Geek » Thu Jan 17, 2008 13:12

madblueimp wrote:You definitely need a new avatar which resembles your current state of Strogg better. ;)

I'm actually thinking of changing it, although I love my current one still very much. Right now the signature is enough ^__^
Stroggified Geek

Postby Frug » Fri Jan 18, 2008 18:30

autoexec.cfg for being able to switch on "toggle sprint" with F4 and switch it off with F5

I used to have a great cfg file for back in quake 2 days. when you're using a gun, press and hold space bar to put the gun away and prime a grenade (5 second timer on the grenades like in quake wars). Let go of space to throw the grenade and switch back to the previous weapon automatically.
It was gold. People would have shootouts with you, and you could just toss 'nades at them without much effort.
Frug
Silver Guardian
Silver Guardian

Postby Stroggified Geek » Fri Jan 18, 2008 18:39

Frug wrote:I used to have a great cfg file for back in quake 2 days. when you're using a gun, press and hold space bar to put the gun away and prime a grenade (5 second timer on the grenades like in quake wars). Let go of space to throw the grenade and switch back to the previous weapon automatically.
It was gold. People would have shootouts with you, and you could just toss 'nades at them without much effort.

That's what I like about id's shooters... the vast ability to tweak and config the handling of the game. Of course this lead in the past to some players producing "uber"-configs that let the game look sort of psycadelic (no shadows and stuff), and I almost consider this cheating in some way. (Like fixing a dot on the screen to emulate a crosshair is a bit cheaty, too). But well, much better than using an aimbot...

I can imagine that 'nade script must have been incredibly practical to use! I have to write such a thing myself... right now I'm still struggling with selecting the right tools / weapons at the same time (set it that way the weapon gets brouht up without delay and that stupid weapons menu on the right side). A couple of games ago I wanted to drop a fellow beaten up Soldier some medpacks (It was one of the rare occasions I was playing GDF, because the Strogg team just was too powerfull - in that cases I switch teams to make the game more even if nobody else does). I narrowly avoided shocking him with the defibs, then tossed a marker for a supply crate drop to his feet (indoors, by the way), untill I finally fumbled out my medpacks ^___^
Only happy I didn't switch to grenades ^___^
Stroggified Geek

Postby Stroggified Geek » Thu Feb 21, 2008 21:50

Just wondering... Raldaf, Aquarel, Frug: anyone of you interested in playing some QW (the Demo if you don't own the full version) online together from time to time?

Stroggified Geek

Postby Stroggified Geek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 08:40

Muha, das war geil gestern, "Archonaut" 8-) ) Zwei sehr knappe Spiele, auch wenns am Ende alleine gegen zwei etwas übel war, ihr hättet den blöden Hubschrauber echt stehen lassen können, ich hab ja auch den Desecrator Desecrator sein lassen, auch wenn ich euch auf Slipgate damit ziemlich aufgehalten habe... 8-)
Stroggified Geek

PreviousNext

Return to Information Technologies